Yoga Teacher Training
Provide your students with a "Total Yoga Transformation"
Find out the real reason why most people miss out on the benefits of yoga. Yoga is the ultimate coaching system, it is 5000 years old and it has been tried, tested and proven many, many times through direct experience on how to live an exceptional life.
If you have or ever wanted to be a successful yoga teacher, then the advanced training that I provide will definitely help you. You will learn more than just yoga. Find your niche and gain the confidence to excel teaching groups, specializing in one-to-one yoga therapy and taking the complete YogaCoach system into the areas you are most passionate about.
Teacher Training 2
This advanced training includes the 200-hour program and an additional 300 hours of module-based study, allowing students to deepen their understanding and gain confidence in their teaching. Through intensive study of the therapeutic applications of yoga, students who complete this program will have the ability to assess their clients state of health and prescribe a personal practice that will move them towards wellness of the body, mind and spirit.
Many years ago, the instruction of yoga was passed from teacher to individual student through a complete personal program that encompassed every aspect of the student’s life. These days, with the popularity of yoga resulting in large group classes, much of this one-to-one contact between teacher and student has been lost.Through this training, you will learn to bring a personalized approach to your yoga teaching, whether you teach private or group classes.
We’re now taking enrollments for 2017
Graduates of this course will be able to look at where their clients physical and energetic systems are out of balance, compromised by stress, poor nutrition and hydration and negative or destructive thought patterns and will have the tools to guide them back to wholeness.
YogaCoach Level 2 training
is registered internationally with Yoga Alliance
“In a word, AWESOME! Mark Breadner facilitates an effortless learning environment. With subtlety and insight, he guides students towards and experimental understanding of yogic philosophy, human psychology, the mechanics of the body and practical spirituality. The course far exceeded my expectations and I suspect the impact has been life-changing.”
Working with clients one-to-one, a YogaCoach takes an integrated view of health and well being looking at the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects. Integrating the science of Ayurveda, Energetic Healing, Somatic Counseling, Life Coaching and Yoga Therapy, our course teaches coaches to assess and provide holistic life practices.
Our course offers a complete system of balancing the body, mind and spirit, allowing yoga to be taught with integrity and in alignment with its original purpose to reach our highest potential. Honouring the traditional roots of yoga in a modern-day framework, we use the wisdom of yogic philosophy combined with modern science.
YogaCoach embraces all styles of yoga. We teach an accessible and complete learning method that contains within it the keys to safe and effective yoga practice integrated with functional, practical and accessible ways to bring the body-mind system back into balance. With this understanding, and through demonstration of the practical and philosophical application of this system, you will be able to move along your own path towards health and well being.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR YOGA TEACHERS
If you are already a qualified Yoga teacher with a 200-hour certificate from a Yoga Alliance registered school (or equivalent), you may undertake the 300 hours of YogaCoach study to achieve your 500-hour qualification.
You must provide a copy of your 200-hour certificate or equivalent qualifications. If you are already teaching but have not received Yoga Alliance-registered certification, you may be asked to complete a short application questionnaire. This will be assessed on an individual basis to ensure a seamless entry into the course.
Amazing, inspiring, transformative. I’ve spent a small fortune on my education over the years but this was definitely the most beneficial and enriching study I’ve ever done. Thank you
- The explosion of Yoga today only represents one part of it’s greater teachings; the 8 limbs outlined in the Yoga Sutras and Yoga itself can be considered a holistic approach to life that extends beyond asana
- The teaching and guidance of emotional and mental well-being is just as important as the physical in the practice of true Yoga
- the role of the Fitness instructor beyond the gym will be similar to the role of the Yoga Coach beyond the studio
- Working with students through a combination of face-to-face teachings and development of a personalised practice, we hope that studio visits will supplement the yogi’s journey to self discovery
- Aligning both career, physical and relationship goals towards a value is where the modern day guru or coach work resides
- As Level 1 Yoga Teachers, we assume the key fundamentals of asana have been understood. Now it’s about aligning the physical practice with it’s wider teachings in a one-on-one environment along with diet, career and overall life direction this is the role of the Yoga Coach
- Working with clients one-on-one, the Yoga Coach aims to work at aligning body, mind and spirit of their clients. This integrated approach to health recognises the importance of all aspects of life in maintaining health or the interconnection between mind, body and spirit
- Working both from a preventative point of view as well as from a curative aspect through Yoga Therapy, the Yoga Coach looks at improving lives through self understanding and growth of clients
YogaCoach is based on the premise that health, well being and joy are an inherent part of our natural state of being. We believe that well being is primary and our practices are geared towards supporting this. Within this we are looking for the maximum amount of change while still being kind to ourselves. Given each person is unique, to maintain a state of well being, each person requires differing practices to support this.
This advanced training allows students to deepen their understanding and gain confidence in their coaching ability. Intensive study, as detailed below, ensures a Yoga Coach can confidently assess their clients state of health and well being then prescribe a personal practice that will move them towards wellness of body, mind and spirit.
Module 1: METHODOLOGY OF YOGA, FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT & ENERGETICS
- Methodology of Yoga The keystone of the YogaCoach training program
This is the foundational subject for all YogaCoach training courses and forms the basis of the YogaCoach methodology. Within this module we learn the skills to take the ancient teachings of Yoga and bring them to life.
This module includes:
- Energy all life is energy and we are an energetic system
- Mapping our energy understanding the Chakra system
- Balancing our energy the autonomic nervous system
- Directing our energy setting goals and aligning to purpose
- Supporting a high energy life the 5 fields of health and well being (mind, breath, body, relationship and rhythm)
This module takes the esoteric principles and philosophies of Yoga and applies them in practical, simple and effective ways.
- Functional Assessment Assessing the Body
Functional Assessment enables you to comprehensively understand, assess and balance the physical body. When we remove the obstacles in our physical path our body naturally moves to a place of balance, optimal function and alignment this helps maximize effectiveness, prevent injury and supports living a high energy life.
This module includes:
- The purpose of Asana
- Survival reflexes cranial nerves
- Common postural types understanding, assessing and balancing
- Assessing joint range of motion
- Stability systems (bandhas)
- Compensations and altered movement patterns
- Evolution of movement
- Balancing muscles tonic (postural) and phasic (movement)
- Balancing flexibility, stability and strength
- Body as a reflection of mind
Using measurement tools to accurately assess then record the physical body, the Yoga Coach can design practices unique to each person. Regular assessment allows for changes to be measured and progress to be monitored.
- Energy Systems Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science
All life is energy. As humans we are an energetic system. When energy flows freely we feel good, conversely when there are contractions and disturbances we can feel bound and dis-ease. Using the chakras and sephira as maps of the energy fields within the body, we learn to assess where there are disturbances in the energy pathways and how to give appropriate pratices to restore the flow and therefore harmony and balance.
This module contains:
- Koshas it’s all one energy field
- Chakras understanding and mapping how thoughts and feeling affect the physical body
- Vayus the 5 main flows of energy in the body
- Nadis/Meridians the energy pathways
- Hatha Yoga strengthening and purifying the nervous system
- Yin and Yang learning to balance the energy pathways of the Autonomic Nervous System (Ida and Pingala)
- Learning to feel and play with energy
- Working in to work out the importance of Yin practices
By removing the interruptions in energy fields and restoring flow we recreate our inherent state of vibrancy as a high energy system. By strengthening and purifying the nervous system, we lay down the foundation for higher levels of consciousness, accessing our power of creation.
Mark Breadner was responsible for the strength conditioning and yoga programs of the open swimming squad. This squad consists of 11 swimmers, three of which are members of the Australian Swimming Team Ian Thorpe, Craig Stevens and Kirsten Thomson. He has trained not only their bodies but also their minds in preparation for world championships and recently the Olympics
High Performance Coach
Module 2: MIND & CONSCIOUSNESS, AYURVEDA & SOMATIC COUNSELLING
- Mind & Consciousness Thought patterns & beliefs
Our mind is the most potent force in our life. Uncontrolled mental activity causes suffering and overshadows our true potential. Only by settling mental activity into stillness can we realize this highest potential. The Mind and Consciousness module teaches us how to use our intelligence, to place our attention on what is most useful for us, then to reinforce this through effective practice.
This module contains:
- Raja Yoga minimising distractions and settling the mind
- Goal of Yoga Sutra’s 1 to 4
- Components of mind lower mind (manas), higher mind (buddhi), ego (ahamkara), mind-field (citta)
- Understanding attraction and aversion
- Habits of mind (samakaras)
- Breaking the alliance with attitudes that don’t support well being
- Developing one =-pointed concentration
- Potential of mind
- Quantum physics and yoga
- Biology of belief
- Understanding brain wave frequencies
- Wise use of intelligence (buddhi)
With an understanding of the mind and its functions we learn to place our attention on the internal states that support well being and allow for the manifestation of an abundant life.
The original source of many of today’s natural therapies, Ayurveda is hailed as the mother of all healing sciences Born from ancient Indian wisdom, Ayurveda focuses on inspiring individuals to heal rapidly and easily with the aid of herbs, diet, body therapies (including yoga asana), spiritual psychology and lifestyle adjustments.
This module includes:
- What is Ayurveda history and practice; who am I; identifying mind-body type and what are you designed for
- Empowering your mind and body daily routines and seasonal routines
- Body agni, ama, dhatu and mala
- Disease causes and process of disease, health pillars
- Diagnosis elemental, doshic and tongue
- Perfect Health signs & causes of health
- Life and elements
- Stress and elements
Scientific research and development over thousands of years support Ayurvedas effectiveness and potential in the western world. Its eternal principles and tools enhance a Yoga Coaches understanding of their client and clarifies the most effective practices to be given.
- Somatic Counseling
As we move toward our higher potential, trust issues, resistances and old habits arise which limit our natural flows. This experiential module directly deals with how to work with these resistances as they present themselves and how to restore well being and our inner resources.
This module includes:
- Learning to recognise and then work with different character types
- Working with strong emotional states and attitudes
- Recognising the difference between resistance and collapse
- When to refer and duty of care
- Establishing a clear contract with your client
- Assisting clients to restore flow after provocation and contraction
- Techniques and practices to help us flourish and restore habits of well being
Increased Somatic awareness and skills gives us more choices and resilience. Even though the stories and circumstances in life may be challenging, as we mature, these skills allow us to move back to well being.
Module 3: LIFESTYLE DESIGN, BUSINESS OF YOGA & CASE STUDIES
- Lifestyle Design Putting it all Together
Lifestyle design is where we take all the learning, understanding and assessments and begin the process of building life practices starting where our clients are at right now, we build a picture of our clients encapsulating their unique body, energy and mind profile. From here we meld the information into simple, powerful and progressive practice opening our clients to a life where wellness, joy and equanimity are returned.
This module includes:
- Setting Goals getting clear on where we want to go
- Aligning to Purpose living an inspired life
Practices for each component of being:
- Laying the foundation balancing relationships with self and others (Yamas and Niyamas)
- Creating a strong healthy body your body is vehicle for your life force
- Practices for the energy system effective use of breathing practices, managing emotions, applying Yin practices
- Minimising distractions supporting clients in the practical process of simplifying life
- Staying on purpose supporting a focused mind
- Understanding time frames and how to progress clients in their process
This module is all about creating lifestyles that support well being. As a personal growth system Yoga has been around for 5000+years Lifestyle Design allows the modern day Yoga Coach to take this system and apply it to a modern life.
- The Business of Yoga
Finally, we look at Yoga as a Business how to take Yoga out into the world, be of service to the community, and at the same time be financially rewarded. Participants will learn how to market and promote themselves and explore potential working relationships with studios or other private practices. Due to the intensive and hands-on nature of this module, it will be conducted online and on the ground as graduates initiate their professions.
This module includes:
- Business planning -the cornerstone to success
- Leveraging word of mouth and referral based business
- Developing and communicating your brand You
- Effective use of your website and email marketing
- Managing your cash flow
- Client engagement
This section will launch new graduates into the field while providing the support and guidance of well seasoned business professionals and coaches.
- Case Studies
These will be real life case examples and scenarios to help students develop and progress their coaching relationships from the very initial interview to designing the first practice for their clients. The case studies will equip you to start your consultancy with confidence.
A real life transforming experience – with the first day I realised this is beyond the teaching of asanas – with compassion, great care and incredible knowledge we were accompanied to our higher potential
Click the Apply Now icon on this page and complete the application form. You’ll receive a follow up call or email from us. A deposit is required to secure your place. There are two payment methods Direct debit or Paypal (secure online payments), details below Please take note of the payment dates of your chosen Payment Option
DATE S & PRICES
Early Bird on or before Feb 22th 2017
Bali Level 2 Teacher Training Full Time
June 11 – July 13, 2017
Fee includes Transfers, Accommodation, Meals, Afternoon Tea and Coffee, Use of Facilities and All training materials.
Level 2 Teacher Training Bali Full Time Earlybird
Secure your Training Place today!
YogaCoach offers several payment structures and great discounts for upfront or early payment. Click here to view the different payment options available to suit your needs and budget.
By Direct Deposit or Paypal (please note that Paypal payments attract a 2.3% surcharge)
Direct Deposit details: Yogacoach, St George Bank BSB 112 879 Account 446 341 070 Please include the following details in payment reference field Course name + your surname/initials (eg. L1SydSmith)
TEACHER TRAINING LOCATION
Egg Of The Universe Yoga Studio and Cafe. , 711 Darling Street Rozelle, NSW
Our studio space is an inner west sanctuary offering refuge from the city rush, and the activation of body and mind through yoga. The studio is architecturally designed with an eco heart; wherever possible we integrated recycled materials, VOC-free paint, even rainwater tanks below the cafe garden to harvest rain for the toilets! Our two yoga studios are set up for both heated and non-heated classes, accompanied by changing rooms, lockers and beautiful showers.
Studio owner Bryony carefully and lovingly hand-picks all of our teachers, resulting in exceptionally well-trained leaders who offer down-to-earth, humble classes that demonstrate the beauty of yoga in a light-hearted and accessible way. Our teachers are chosen for who they are both on and off the mat, and what brings them together as a group is a shared sense of community and vision.
Our menu is a fun and modern exploration of the wholefoods concept, guaranteed to prove that healthy can also be delicious! Whether you seek to celebrate with coffee and cake, cleanse with green smoothies and broth, or delve into deep nourishment with slow-cooked stews, we have something to quench your hearts desire.
Our cafe’s vision was inspired by the wholefoods movement but draws on culinary influences from around the world. We aspire to change the modern worlds misguided culture that generally defines healthy food as boring or involving self-denial! Mixed with mindful awareness practices we would like to invite you to dine with us and change your underlying mind state one cake, bacon sandwich, probiotic green drink or seasonal salad at a time!
Gaia-Oasis is a beautiful low-key and tranquil Yoga resort on the northern coast of Bali where you’ll be able to truly unwind and focus on your learning and practice.
Training includes share accommodation & 3 vegetarian meals daily. Check out the YogaCoach Facebook page for photos.
As International team Pit boss for Rip curl, it is my responsibility to provide elite services and opportunities to my surfing team. With his skills in Chek work and vast experience from other world class athletes, Mark Breadner provided the perfect background to improve my surfers way of living. His easy going nature, ability to communicate and lead by example method is an inspiration to be around. Since involving my elite team with him (Mick Fanning, Nathan Hedge, Kieran Perrow and Darren Rafferty) the results have been amazing. I just wish I had found him sooner.Matt Griggs, Rip Curl Pit Boss
I have been working with Mark now since 2004. As a professional surfer I am always looking to gain a competitive advantage, both physically and mentally. By Mark teaching me yoga and the importance of core and functional exercise, I was able to achieve this.Phil McDonald, World Championship Tour Surf Pro
At the end of the 2004 asp world tour I was sitting 17th on the ratings and looking to bust down the door of the top 10. I started training with Mark in late 2004 to prepare for the following year. We focused heavily on yoga as well as working on strengthen my core using functional exercises. The exercises were all tailored for surfing and with Mark being a surfer himself, we were easily able to communicate and locate my strengths and weakness. Through hard work I finished the year not only inside the top 10, but actually ended up coming 5th in the world.
The following year I had a slow start and was finding it hard to keep up with expectations and the pressure was getting to me. I decided to bring Mark away with me for the American and European legs. We focused not only on the physical side of the things, but also the mental side. Through mediation I regained my focus, found my feet again and shot up from 29th to 12th, through 4 back-to-back quarterfinals.
Mark's experience and knowledge has greatly shaped and improved, not only the athlete I am today, but more so the person who I have become. Whether you want to just relax, do some fitness, find some focus or be the best in the world, Mark has the experience and understanding to obtain your goals.
Mark Breadner has created what is arguably the finest, most authentic way to teach Yoga in the world today. Training and learning is up close and personal, one-to-one, as was the case with the sages and students of the past. It is as Krishna speaks of Yoga to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita when he explains that the reason they can be together so fruitfully is that not only is there respect of student for teacher, but there is also friendship. The whole person is trained, not just the physical body, but also the depths of the mind, all in the recognition of the highest goals of Yoga, the union of the individual and the Universal. I greatly admire Mark and his graduate Yoga coaches for bringing traditional Yoga to the world in a way that serves our modern needs without watering down the real meaning of Yoga.Swami J, Himalayan Swami of the Highest Order